Monday, January 9, 2012

What is HR Cupcakes?


HR Cupcakes is a Twitter hashtag that was created in January 2011 by Michael Carty from XpertHR.  He wrote about the number of HR folk who posted photos of their cupcake baking attempts on twitter, and compiled a post featuring some of these.  There's some fantastic photos on this blog post, I'd encourage you to check it out if you're a fan of cupcakes!
I had recently been baking up a storm, so I submitted some of my own photos to Michael's blog and started up a conversation with a number of other HR practicioners and amateur bakers.  I've met some fabulous people through this, and look forward to meeting up with some of them in person when I'm in the right state or country at the right time.

I've started this blog to publish photos (and some recipes/instructions) for my own cupcakes online, as I'm often asked for these when I put pictures on twitter.  It's quite a challenge to write a recipe in 140 characters or less!  That's not to say it's impossible, I saw a few books were published last year with Twitter recipes (Tweet Pie, Tweet Treats, Eat Tweet), and there's Twitter accounts posting recipes in one tweet (@Recipes, @cookbook.  Impressive stuff, but beyond me for the time being.

With Michael's endorsement I've taken the HR Cupcakes name for this blog.  I hope I do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment